ParkingThe Whaling Museum sent out this note (30Dec2016):
Parking is free on Johnny Cake Hill and at metered spots on the [Marathon] weekend. Additional parking can be found in the Elm St. Garage. If there is a threat of snow, we strongly encourage you to park in the Elm Street Garage.Other info:
- Most of the streets around the Whaling Museum allow parallel parking on both sides.
- According to this (rather old) blog post on NewBedfordGuide.com, parking (in both the municipal lot and on the street) is free Saturdays and Sundays, regardless of the posted times.
- Fairfield Inn - Off-street parking; WiFi; breakfast; Senior discount over 62; helpful staff; about 4 blocks from Museum. If you book a refundable room, check their rates periodically; they've been known to go down as January approaches.
- Harbor Hotel - newly renovated (2018) downtown building; valet parking only; breakfast; about 4 blocks from Museum. Restaurant and bar in lobby.
- AirBnB has a few listings near the museum.
- Other accommodations in New Bedford.