- There is a municipal lot holding 70 vehicles, about a block west of the Whaling Museum. The entrance is on Barker Lane.
- Most of the streets around the Whaling Museum allow parallel parking on both sides.
- According to this blog post on NewBedfordGuide.com, parking (in both the municipal lot and on the street) is free Saturdays and Sundays, regardless of the posted times.
Wayfarer B&B- Google shows this B&B as closed. We had a nice stay there several years ago. In a pinch, you could call their old number: (508) 994-8881.
- Fairfield Inn - Off-street parking; WiFi; about 3 blocks from Museum. Very convenient to the Museum; have stayed here—no complaints, helpful desk staff. If you book a refundable room, check their rates periodically; they've been known to go down.
- Other accommodations in New Bedford.